When you are experiencing a blockage on the showerhead, you may consider cleaning it to remove the mineral deposits that have clogged on the holes. These deposits need to be removed. There are ways to clean this clog off where you use vinegar and baking soda.
The method for cleaning using vinegar is:
- Have some vinegar poured in a bowl that will completely submerge the shower head
- You should then place your shower head in the vinegar and soak the fixture overnight in the vinegar. This helps the acid in the vinegar penetrate and naturally break down the mineral deposits clogging the spray holes
- Then clean off the shower head using an old toothbrush use also a toothpick to poke the spray holes until the clog is removed
- Rinse the shower head, and then reinstall it back. Then let cold water run through it for about two minutes
BAKING SODA WITH VINEGAR
The method to follow while cleaning with baking soda is;
- Take the 4 tablespoons of baking soda and mix it with 2 cup of white vinegar. Vinegar will react with baking soda forming carbonic acid that is a very strong cleaning agent
- Then take the shower head and soak it in the mixture of baking soda and white vinegar
- Scrub off the clog with an old toothbrush until it is clean
- Then run water under it until there is no trace of the cleaning solution and pat dry
For the non- removable shower heads use a plastic bag and rubber band to soak the shower head. You will have to fill the bag with the solution and tie it tightly on the shower head using the rubber band. When using baking soda, wear gloves for it is corrosive.
There are more ways to clean your shower head but starting off with high quality products should make things easier to maintain for long term use. Visit our reviews for shower heads!